Pages

Thursday 25 June 2009

to New Castle

Hello there.
Here's a video from today!! we (People from Edinburgh Japanese Church and I) went to New Castle to fellowship with some ladies who live there.



You might think we just ate and had a walk, but we did have a good time singing praises, studying the Bible and praying too! (I just was too “into it” to film it...)

Rev Park of EJC spoke from Hebrews 9:22-28, on the sufficiency of the cross.
He had an interesting illustration about the “Butterfly Effect” which is when a small thing like a butterfly flapping it wings in China can cause a chain effect which ultimately causes a big twister in America. He used this as an opener relating it to Adam's small Sin which lead to our helpless situation, and to Christ's (second Adam's) action on the Cross, which then looked as though a insignificant thing, yet even has an affect on our lives, present and eternal.

Listening to this I was thinking of all my small actions, and I guess I can central the outcome of all that I do. It can turn out good, or cause ciaos, and yet, I know the One, who is in total control of all things, and He will make all things turn out to the good for those who follow Him.

My desire in life is to be used for God's glory, and I cannot do this by my might nor by any of my means, all I can do is to totally rely on Him.
Here's a video on chain reactions from Japan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment